Tuesday, July 20, 2004

AN EVENING INTERVIEW WITH SUFIAH

 

Name: Sufiah

Age: 26

Occupation: Operations Officer

From: Kuala Lumpur

Auditioned in: Kuala Lumpur



Joe: How long have you been singing for?

Sufiah: Since the age of 7, err…I think!



Joe: What are your other hobbies?

Sufiah: I go to the gym a lot. I love cycling and swimming. When I’m driving l love listening to ‘Light & Easy’.



Joe: Why did enter Malaysian Idol?

Sufiah: Because I’m confident and I want to compete in the global market. Plus make Malaysia proud! Hahaha!



Joe: If you don’t make it on Malaysian Idol, what else will you do?

Sufiah: I will continue working with my family. But if I am given the chance to be a recording artiste, I would take it and leave my job. I’m happy with my job but singing has always been my passion.



Joe: Describe your singing style?

Sufiah: Verys 80s like Chaka Khan or Aretha Franklin, a bit of gospel and soul.



Joe: Favorite record at the moment?

Sufiah: Jaguar Wright. Don’t remember the album name. Ok…I remember now…’Denials & Delusions’.

 

Joe: Music you would never listen to?

Sufiah: Rock, metal, hard core, death metal…lagu Feng Tau. Kalau paham bolehlah cuba.



Joe: Favorite movie?

Sufiah: Godfather 1,2,3, who doesn’t?



Joe: Favorite pop artist?

Sufiah: Chaka Khan, Anita Baker, Brian McKnight, Ruth Sahanaya and Anita Sarawak.



Joe: Favorite food or drink?

Sufiah: Ceasar salad with Salmon from Coffee Bean and its coffee latte.



Joe: How are you finding the Malaysian Idol experience so far?

Sufiah: I love being part of Malaysian Idol. I’m so very proud of myself. At the same time it is tiring, nerve wrecking and there is a lot of waiting. But above all that, it is exciting.



Joe: What do you think of the judges?

Sufiah: I believe everyone of the judges are entitled to their own opinion. I’m sure they have their own criteria. Well, they are just doing their job…right??



Joe: Advice for other Malaysian Idol hopefuls?

Sufiah: Take care of their well-being. Eat lots of vitamins and no late nights. If there’s spare time, conserve your voice. Sleep early if possible.



Joe: What would becoming Malaysian Idol mean to you?

Sufiah: It means the world to me. It will mean a dream come true. I promise to make Malaysia proud.



Joe: Final question from the Malaysian Idol forums:“

How do you decide on selecting a song to sing?”

Sufiah: Based on the popularity of the song and singer.

 

We share a similar hobby: both of us love to listen to light and easy!

No comments: