Friday, September 25, 2009

THINK AGAIN

I have 3 incidences to tell which needs some explanation...i can't explained my self why it has happened.

INCIDENCE 1

That was 2004, i was just posted to orthopaedic ward, Tawau Hospital. During oncall, i would like to wear a black/white stripe collar T shirt. I like this T -shirt very much, as it was given my father a year ago.
One night, I was wearing the same T-shirt.
That oncall night was free, not busy.
The next day, 1 of my nurse asked me what i'm doing at 12MN at the nurses counter.
I told her, last night i never come out from the oncall room. I was sleeping the whole night.

INCIDENCE 2.

This is 2006. I was oncall and wearing a same T shirt again.
There was 1 man admitted at 6 pm. He has history of a fall from a tree.
He was unstable...and he needs urgent operation to stop the internal bleeding.
Without much delay i have to call anaesthetic doctor (doktor bius) to inform about this case..
The conversation as follows:

DrBOND: operator...tolong sambungkan ke Dr K segera..ada emergency, 1 patient perlu operate segera.

Operator: ok drbond...sambung ke Dr K kan..

DrBOND: ye..betul tu..sambung cepat tau..

Then,,,to my surprise, i was not connected to Dr K...instead I was connected to this man.

The Man: Ini DRBOND ka (how come he knows my name)???

DrBOND: yea, betul tu...ni sapa ni??

The Man: Tak...ni Mr A...saya di bilik mayat..doktor nak hantar patient tu kat bilik mayat kerrr??

DrBOND: Tak..patient mana satu??

The man: patient yang jatuh dari pokok...tadi ada telefon cakap patient tu dah mati..

DrBOND: HAH????

That patient not yet die.
I managed to call Dr K and we managed to push this patient to OT.
The internal bleeding was severe.
Exactly at 12 MN he died in OT due to massive blood loss.


INCIDENCE 3.

This is 2007. I was managing this patient, Miss Y. She is a 30 year old chinese lady, with diagnosis of advanced intra-abdominal malignancy, ?from ovary. She is young, and she is not ready to die.

In a monday morning, she passed away. Next to her was an elderly malay lady.

I was oncall that day....and wearing the same T shirt again. I was busy..i was running to and fro in the ward till 12MN.

The next day...the elderly malay lady insist want to go back.

I didn't asked why.

A month later,,,my nurse told me.

The nurse: DrBOND,, tau ka kenapa makcik tu nak balik lepas Miss Y mati??

DrBOND: tak tau la..napa???

The nurse: Miss Y mati pagi kan...Kan DrBOND oncall hari tuee. Lepas je Maghrib,,makcik tu nampak Miss Y ikut jer DrBOND dari belakang,,pegang bahu sebelah kiri,,sambil tersengih-sengih. Miss Y ikut DrBOND kemana-mana..DrBOND tak rasa apa2 kerr.

DrBOND: errr...tak der la (i am shivering).

5 comments:

med_student said...

then u need to wear d t-shirt again at lis once a week tro its relation with those incident.....

incidence 3 is soooo cute.....

iqmedia said...

yea.. wear it again... hehehe... ee tacut...

drBOND said...

i rarely wear the t shirt again..except going to met my father..(that once a year).
just to make him happy.

Pearl said...

JOE... this is scary!
read the 3 Qul 3 times and Ayat-ul -Kursi

drBOND said...

thanx for the info