Friday, October 9, 2009

Trip to Kuala Lumpur

This is my first trip report on any airplane. This report is exclusively for a trip to KL on 7th October 2009. Any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
Date: 7th October 2009
Flight: Malaysia Airlines MH 2711
Routing: Sandakan to Kuala Lumpur
Capacity (J/Y):14/128
Load: J class (business): don't know
Y class: 95%
Seat: Economy, 27F

Background and introduction.
SDK to KUL is one of my routine traveled route. Away from home in KUL make me have to travel his route about once in 4 months, sometimes even more.MAS and its main rival AIRASIA are the only carriers serving this route. Before this MAS had only 1 flight from KUL to SDK (vice versa), with a transit at Kota Kinabalu. Actually MAS had introduced a direct flight in the year 2005, but it was stopped because of poor yields as compared to AIRASIA.
But this is now a history, starting Mac this year MAS has reintroduced a direct flight with a competitive airfares (its really cheap,,sometimes cheaper than the low cost carrier).
And to a surprise, MAS added second direct flight starting last month. (Off course,, cheaper airfares with a 5 star airlines,, who will refused to grab the opportunity).

The beginning..
I wake up late this morning,,at 6 am. Its not the alarm bell that woke me up ...but its the nature call. I had a loose motion and "sakit perut"...it's must be the chicken curry i ate last night.
Ohh this is not good as I've to travel to KL today.
Settling that i continue sleeping and woke up at 8.30 am, and immediately rush to the bus stand.

The journey...
Hoping for a saving, i waited for a bus to the airport. None has arrived. It's almost 9.30am, and i had another 1 hour for check in.
Then, without much thinking (i have to) , i took a taxi to the airport.
What a surprise..the taxi driver is my nurse husband.
Exactly, at 9.45am, i was at the airport.
Check in counter was full.. its going to be a full flight today.
I was greeted by a malay lady. She looks nice...with the MAS kebaya and a green tudong..
Check in was smooth.

Hello Sir..how are you???
Fine..I'm going to KUL today..This is my ic and Enrich card member..

Ok..Only 1 bag??
Ya..1 bag only..Can i request a seat a
t the last row??? then she start checking my id and printed the boarding pass.

Alright,,this is your boarding pass..and seat 27F,,just near the toilet..

Each time i traveled, i always asked a last row at the back of the aircraft...Don't asked me why..it's just my personal preferences.

Sandakan airport..
Looking at this airport was awesome..it simple but looking the roof top was nice..I don't think there are others airport in Malaysia like this.

Straight away, i went for immigration clearance. The immigration officer was a malay lady with a white tudong. I gave a salam,,and handed over the document.

Going to KL.????..
Yes,,i replied.

She handed over back the document and i went to boarding hall. It was full and there was MAS flight to Kota Kinabalu. It was delayed, as its almost 10.30am and the passengers have not boarded the flight yet.

I haven't had any breakfast and i went to the cafe. Nothing much food to choose and i just had a cup of coffee. Then, someone called my name...

Bond, what are you doing here???
I'm going to KL lah,,got exam tomorrow..

Ohhh..we are in the same flight..
Oh..really???? why you didn't go back to KL earlier..
I went to climb mount kinabalu a few days ago. managed to climb to a top..very tired la..just arrived at sandakan, last night...you should go climbing la BOND..
Me?? Climbing a mountain???...you must be joking.

This is my colleague who got sick on second day of syawal and i have to replaced her.


Exactly at 11am, boarding started. I boarded last.

Upon bo
arding, I was greeted by a chinese stewardess .

Going to KL..???
Yes..I replied..
This is my raya vacation.

What??? After
2 weeks of raya , now only go back to celebrate raya??
Ya...what to do..i'm working during raya..
Ohh..thats pity!!! Anyway Selamat Hari Raya!!!!

After nice small chat.i headed to my seat. Then another surprise..i met a MAS steward ..who was my ex house mate during uni time. I haven't met him almost 10 years..
He showed me my seat.
As usual, the chief cabin crew made welcome announcement and follow with the usual routine safety demo.

Picture taken from my seat.

Refuelling.
Safety demo.

The aircraft taxiing the runway at 11.30am and a minute after that we were on air.

Taxiing..

After an hour, the inflight services started. The good thing of sitting at the last row was, i was first to be served.
Some where over ?Kinabatangan..
There were 2 choices for lunch: a chicken beriani or fried rice with sambal udang. I choose the later.
Meal..
It was served hot and delicious. Soon the usual drinks service starts: an offer of hot drinks or juices..
After had the meal, i went to the galley and met my ex-housemate. He introduced me to his colleague, Miss Annabelle. We just chatting about what we are doing right now..He has been with MAS almost 5 years.
My ex-house mate, an accountancy dropout student, joined MAS five years ago.

The 2 hours and 45 mins journey was smooth, except some minor turbulence over south china sea.
Some where over south china sea.
At 1.50pm the captain made an announcement that we were descending. We landed safely at 2.10pm.
Descending
The aircraft then headed to main terminal building of KLIA.
The end..

4 comments:

iqmedia said...

Not kinabatangan la... Beluran area...

Flight stats:
Jan - 3 times (1 times Sdk - KK - Miri - KK - Sdk; 2 times Sdk - Kul - Sdk)
Feb - 1 times (Sdk - Kul - Sdk)
Mac - 2 times (Sdk - Kul - Sdk)
Apr - 2 times (Sdk - KK - Sdk; Sdk - Kul - Sdk)
May - 2 times (Sdk - Kul - KK; KK - Miri - KK - Sdk)
Jun - 1 times (Sdk - Kul - Sdk)
Jul - 1 times (Sdk - KK - Miri - KK - Sdk)
Aug - none
Sep - none (going back to Miri by car)
Oct - 2 times (Sdk - Kul - Sdk; Sdk - KK - Sdk)
Nov - 1 times (Sdk - KK - Sdk)
Total = 15 times!

drBOND said...

ohh..its beluran area..

wow 15 times in a year!!!
banyak tuu..

iqmedia said...

Aiyaa... lupa.

Add 2 more times in Nov:
(Sdk - KK - Miri - KK - Sdk; Miri - Kuch - JB - Kuch - Miri)

That's mean = 17 times!

I hope none in Dec, need to get as many working days to finish the unfinished business... a.k.a bounty hunter for the government.

drBOND said...

nanti masa nov g kch, jb buat apa??
ada meeting kat situ??