Sunday, November 8, 2009

TRIP FROM JB TO SANDAKAN..

Yup, today is the last day of the MOS meeting,,and it's time to say good bye to other delegates.
I've to skip 2 lectures as my flight from JB to KL was at 12 MD. The Senai airport was quite far from the conference hotel, The Zon.
I don't want to miss the flight as that's the only flight available that has connecting flight to Sandakan.
I left the hotel at 9.45am. The journey took about 45 mins. It was smooth and i was at the airport by 10.30am. The airport was under renovation. I've to walk from the taxi stand to the check in counter, and it's very far.
At the check in counter, i was greeted by an Indian man. Some problem during check in as i wanted to check in till Sandakan. The problem settled after i showed my reservation slip.
That took another 15 mins..and i've about 1 hour to spare before boarding commenced.
I'm just looking around the airport, it was clean and well kept.

The Senai Airport.
Thats 1 hour also was used to update my blog..(Now i'm a blog addict!!).
Lets blogging.

Almost 11.30am the aircraft, Boeing 737 from KL arrived. Just before boarding, i was approached by a middle aged Malay man..asking whether i'm a doctor from Sandakan..
I said yes..then he replied saying that he met me a year ago at the Hospital.
I didn't recall about this guy. Anyway, we just chat about what i'm doing now and how's life in Sandakan.

Flight information
Boarding started at 11.50am, just on time.

Boarding.


To my surprise, this Boeing 737 was equipped with a tv monitor. The monitor shows a map of the flight pathway.

Tv monitor mounted on the ceiling.
Very interesting. The flight took about 35 mins. It was smooth and as usual we were offered a drink and a packet of peanut.

A man beside me. He was sleeping during the whole flight. Tired huh??
We landed at KLIA almost 12.50 PM.
My next flight to Sandakan was scheduled at 3.20pm..that another 3 hours. With an ample time, then i decided to go out from the departure hall and straight away to McDonald restaurant, near the check in counter.

McD
After had my "healthy food"..then i went in to the departure hall again. I've 2 hours to spare..and that's precious time was used to update my blog again.
The flight to Sandakan was scheduled to depart at the gate A7. At 2.47pm, our aircraft arrived.
Soon, the departure hall was full....it's going to be a full flight today.

Waiting..
So far everything went okay. We saw our bags were put in,,the aircraft was refueling,,,and the truck with foods unloaded the food trolleys.
But..until 3.40pm no boarding announcement was made.
Finally, the awaited announcement was on air..

"Dear fellow passengers, due to technical error of the aircraft, the flight to Sandakan is now rescheduled at 5.10pm at the gate B2. Passengers please proceed to the Exchange counter to get your food coupons. Sorry for the inconvenience caused"..

We disembarked from the gate A7 and straight away to the counter to get our coupons.
Disembarking
Coupon please.
One of the passenger was grumbling and not happy because the flight was delayed. Then, i told him this..

"Luckily they noticed the technical error while were still on the ground. Can you imagine what will happen if they noticed the error when we are 30, 000 miles above the South China Sea????"..

The man just keep silence and walk away.

We were given a single food coupon which cost Rm17. We were asked to go Burger King restaurant or Asian Station.

Left is an AsianStation,, on the right is Burger King..
i choose the later, as the queue at the Burger King was too long.

The long queue.
After had a nice nasi lemak,, then i straight away switch on my laptop..and continue blogging!!!


The nasi lemak.
At 4.45pm, i went to the gate B2. I saw the aircraft already there. At this time, KLIA was raining heavily.

The aircraft
Soon, the boarding started.

Boarding..
I went to my seat at 6A..very unusual seat for me, as i prefer a seat at the rear of the cabin (actually, i forgot to request for this seat during check in at Senai Airport).

The rain stopped, and we were on air by 5.10pm. We were passing thru' thick clouds and we encountered turbulence when the aircraft was climbing up. As usual, we were offered a drink and 1 hour later dinner was served. Two choices were offered: a fish with rice or chicken satay with fried rice. I choose the later. I was full after had the nasi lemak earlier and i tapau the food home.

Dinner
I was sleeping during the entire journey as i was really tired.

The other passengers.
We landed safely at 8pm, 5 mins later from Air Asia flight, also from KL. The Sandakan airport was busy tonight handling both passengers from MAS and Air Asia.
Immigration clearance.
Taxi please..

That’s it! I hope you enjoying reading this entry as much as I "enjoyed" doing the trip! ..
Comments are much appreciated...
(Nota kaki: memang penat travel,,,nasib baik DrBond tak perlu travel sampai 19 hingga 20 kali!!!).

3 comments:

iqmedia said...

Connection flight or connecting flight? hehe

6A? That's where i always seat. either 6A, 6F, 7A or 7F.

Baru tau penat travel. Gosh in December pun i got to travel again to KK and be there for a week.

Thanks god, my application to use own vehicle is approve for this 13th November till 20th November. Only on 21st Nov till 30th Nov by flight. I'm bored flying.

Maybe on 6th Dec till 12th Dec i'll apply again to use my own vehicle.

Anyway, tahniah again for your success..

iqmedia said...

And next time call me for airport pickup! I'm here already...

drBOND said...

"Connection flight or connecting flight?"

aku dah baca dan check 4 kali still masih tak perasan ada mistake..

"6A? That's where i always seat. either 6A, 6F, 7A or 7F."

tak suka la seat ni..duduk belakang - belakang lagi best..

"Thanks god, my application to use own vehicle is approve for this 13th November till 20th November. Only on 21st Nov till 30th Nov by flight. I'm bored flying."

kalau driving lagi penat...lainla kalau jalan kat sabah ni macam highway kat Kl..

"Anyway, tahniah again for your success.."

tq tq tq..ni tidur pun peluk hadiah tu..he he he.