Saturday, November 21, 2009

Trip to Kota Kinabalu, KK, Sabah

Wake up early today after nice sleeping last night. It was heavily rain yesterday.

By 7 am, I was on my way to the airport by taxi.

Arrived at the airport by 7.15am, and noticed the check in counter was not yet open.

Waited there for 15mins, then the check in started.

I was handled by a Malay man,.

Going to KK??

YES..i replied.

I gave him my ic and enrich card member…then he printed out the boarding pass.

Okay Sir..this is your boarding pass. Seat 27F..

What??Seat 27F..Thank you ..thank you.this is my favourite seat.

I didn’t ask for this…I think this guy can do mind reading.

Soon the check in counter was full.

Yes..it’s going to be full flight today..It is a school holiday season and raya haji is next week.

I was wondering around the airport, admiring the triangle roof top..then someone gave a salam..

The Sandakan Airport

Assalamualaikum…going to KL??

Wasalam..No,,I’m going to KK,, ada kursus..

I didn’t know about this man…and he seems friendly…

Then he asked this question..

Cikgu mengajar mana??

Now I’m a teacher!!!

Then..i purposely said I’m teacher at SMK Sandakan,,teaching economy..

The man left..then I straight away went into the boarding hall.

It was 8.15am…and my flight MH 2043 was supposed to depart at 8.30am..

The aircraft has not arrived yet. Oh noo…it going to be delay!!!!

At 8.20am, I saw an air asia plane departed to Kota Kinabalu. The plane was really brand new and shining.

As expected, at 8.30am, I heard this announcement.

Dear passengers, flight MH 2043 to Kota Kinabalu is delayed till further notice”.

I was hungry..then I decided to go out from the boarding hall to have a breakfast. There was a café inside the boarding hall but not much food to choose.

I went to Asian Delight restaurant. It was located at the level 1 of the airport.

To my surprise, the restaurant was renovated. Now it has a wide clear window where I can see planes landing and departing.

It is a heaven place for aviation enthusiast like me.

I had a very heavy break fast: a cup of coffee and fried rice.

The coffee and fried rice.

I just quickly finished my food, as I would like to capture this beauty while she was landing and taxiing.

It was a MASWings flight from KK enroute to Tawau..


Then, by 9.35am, another beauty arrived…yeaa..it’s my plane,,,landing from KK..


I went back into the boarding area..The hall was full as there were an air asia and MASwings passengers going to KL, KK, respectively.

By 10.00 am, boarding started. Boarding was not in order and was rushed. Priority was not given to family with an infant.


I went to my seat at the rear end of the aircraft. Seat 27F..

For the first time, I’m regret having this seat. It was smelly as the smell from the toilet was strong and pungent.

A passenger beside me,,a Malay teacher and her toddler agree with me..

At this time, Sandakan airport was raining..

Descending.

Almost 10.50 am….we were already over KK and safely landed 7 minutes later.

KKIA


I collected my luggage and I had 3 hours to spend before check in to hotel.

That time was spent in MAS ticketing office to confirm my ticket back to Sandakan on 26th November 2009….

pay a visit to my all time favourite fast food restaurant and blogging..

I's Prosperity Burger!!

Finally,,reached my hotel at 2.30pm.


Soalan: Apakah yang selalu anda lakukan sekiranya flight delay.??

Lepak kat café…makan2.

  1. Tidur
  2. Buka laptop..buat kerja
  3. Mengamuk.
  4. Gossiping.
  5. Shopping.
  6. Or behaving like this lady. click here
(Nota kaki…Ni dah 2 kali dalam bulan ni flight MAS delay…I think MAS should upgrade their fleet to new one like Boeing 737-800 or Airbus A320-200, just like air asia.)

4 comments:

med_stdn said...

Very much excited today as I’m going to KK for the ICORM2 meeting. I’ve not been to KK for quite some time; the last one was on March 2009. Here goes the report..

....knp ada tulisan zaman mesir ni....

drBOND said...

bukan zaman mesir la..

zaman rome..pakai text guna Times New Roman...

text prepared pakai microsoft word,,then copy and paste jer..

bila nak tukar font yg sesuai tak bole pula.

iqmedia said...

patut ler...

My flight to KK pun delay. Suppose 11.10 but 11.50 fly. Then to Miri pun delay, thank god la as my connecting flight is at 1.05pm, but delay to 1.25pm. So nak bukak laptop wat keje malas, I go to Golden Lounge and eat some meals... Kenyang...

med stdent said...

ow....saya pk tu mesir punya....huhu