Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm a patient

Today i'm a patient.
Decided to go to ER as the symptoms worsened.
Despite having those symptoms, i'm still able to walk to the ER. It's 10mins walk from my house and reached ER by 7pm.
The nurses at ER were surprised.
I told them..i'm sick almost a week..fever not resolved, coughing, sore throat and headache.

They asked me to lie down on the bed. They checked my temperature, it was high..blood pressure still normal.

Intravenous drip was put in. At the same time they took my blood for full blood count, blood for malaria and renal profile.

Then, the ER doctor, Dr Z attended me...asking usual questions like how long you have this fever? any lose motions? any muscle ache?? etc etc...
sempat lagi buat joke..Can i check your genitalia????
I replied...with pleasure..The nurses were laughing..
While waiting for the result to come out, i slept till 8.30pm.

Then at 8.45pm, Dr Z came. She showed me the result..everything is OK..blood test do not suggest dengue or malaria ..except the total white is slightly high..

I was discharged with oral antibiotic, vit C, loratidine and anti-pyretic.

I left the hospital at 9.00pm. I'm still weak..i took a taxi to Bandar Maju (just near my house) and have dinner there. Ordered the Tom Yam soup..it's was tasteless..i've no appetite and didn't manage to finish it.

After that, i went to the grocery and bought 2 bottles of carbonated drink..this will help me to swallow those tablets..

Finally, i was at home by 10pm. Now, it's 11.30pm i'm still having fever..but it's much less and felt little bit dizzy..

(Nota kaki: sorry, tak de picture, terlupa bawa handphone/kamera...).

4 comments:

aida said...

joe napa tak balik KL masa new year..

buat apa kat sandakan??

cakap tak oncall masa last week.

kalau kat KL sempat jumpa cik ani...
ko sakit kami bole jaga..

kami semua tgh sedih pasal cik ani..

kakbedah said...

hang pegi hospital dengan sapa?
tak kan pegi sorang2..

tak kan tak da member2 tolong hantar dan ambik..

tu la..lain kali belajar driving yea..

iqmedia said...

Hope u feel better already today...

Are you working tomorrow?

drBOND said...

aida: tak sempat nak balik KL..ada hal kat sandakan..

kakbedah: kat sandakan ade member..ada abang angkat juga..tak nak call sebab takut nanti berjangkit..
kalau dah tenat baru la call member2/abang.

iqmedia: yes..feeling better..i'm working tomorrow. thanks!!!