Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shame on me.

I was at the male orthopaedic ward today at 8.30pm. This is a ward that managed patient with orthopaedic problems eg bone fracture.
I was at their ward to see patients that need surgical opinion.

I was writing on the patient's case note near the nurses counter.
Then, i heard a man recite an Quranic verses.
He was lying on the bed.
He was praying...performing the Isya' prayer.
I asked the nurse..whats wrong with him.
She said, that man was just admitted. He has involved in motor vehicle accident and he has fracture of the femur. (long bone).

Fracture of the femur is very painful condition..but looking at him, he appeared calm and still able to perform his duty as a Muslim.

After that, a young man with pink T-shirt came to see me.
He has fracture of the humerus..another painful conditions.

He asked:

Doctor..where is the direction of Kiblah???

I pointed out..this way..

Then, he went to his bed and performing his Isya' prayer.
He did that on sitting position.


I was impressed by this 2 patients.
They are sick...instead they able to perform a duty as a Muslim.

Thats really put shame on me..because..now i'm consider my self healthy..but sometimes i didn't perform my duty as a Muslim.

(Nota kaki: cerita di atas tiada kaitan dengan sesiapa pun. Hanya untuk memperingati diri sendiri dan pembaca-pembaca blog).

3 comments:

iqmedia said...

Shame on me too...

kakimah said...

malu nye.

akak pun kadang2 liat sembahyang..

bedah..hang ada solat ka???

yan said...

solat memberi ketenangan pada jiwa manusia,ditambah lgi dgn ibadat2 lain jika berkesempatan lakukan,x ada manusia yg perfect,selagi ada niat dan iltizam nak berubah,kira ok laaa..bila kita lihat sekeliling kita akan menghargai sesuatu yg selama ni kita pandang remeh n xpenting,sama2lah kita perbaiki..ke arah yg lebih baik